Our goal is to produce outgoing, healthy companions, who are excellent examples of the Japanese Akita breed. Most importantly though, is that they are treasured companions and beloved members of their families. To accomplish this goal, we raise all our puppies in our home so they may socialize with us, our adult dogs, our friends, family, and neighbors of all ages.
Our commitment is first and foremost to our puppies. We want to see them end up in permanent homes where they will be loved and pampered as they deserve. Our selection process is designed to find these homes. We screen potential owners to help ensure that our puppies are placed with the most compatible families.
Please start by filling out our questionnaire if you would like to be considered for a puppy. We want to get to know each applicant personally. Particularly, we want to get a good idea of what kind of puppy you might be looking for. It also gives you the opportunity to get to know us a little better.
If you have any reservations about providing information to us or having an open dialogue during the process, please shop elsewhere for a puppy. Our first and most important commitment is to the puppies we produce and ensuring that they have the best chance at a happy life.
We look forward to forming a relationship with our puppy buyers and view everyone who gets a puppy from us as part of the Shiranui family!
The process to get a Japanese Akita puppy is as follows:
Getting a Puppy
- Fill out our puppy questionnaire.
- Participate in a phone interview with us. This will get you on our contact list for any future puppy news.
- Everyone on our list will receive notification of breeding’s and when litters are born. Once a litter is born, everyone on the list will be contacted to apply.
- During the first 8 weeks of the puppies life, we will be in contact with you and conduct several interviews to gather as much information as we can to help select the right puppy for you. The right puppy is the one that will fit your lifestyle and goals. We will take your preferences into consideration but will only place a puppy with a family that is compatible with the puppies personality.
- By 8 weeks old, you will be offered a puppy based on the interview process. An offer letter will be sent which contains a full write up with all of our notes on the puppy.
- Sign the sales agreement and pay at least half of the price to reserve your puppy.
- Your puppy will be ready to go home between 8 and 12 weeks old depending on the developmental markers of the individual litter.
- Pay the remaining price by the time your puppy is ready to go home. You may then make arrangements to bring your puppy home.
- Get a vet check within 72 hours.